Tuesday, June 2, 2015

field trip to the zoo

I so enjoyed my field trip to Columbia Zoo.  And, Mommy, Brecken, and Emmersyn got to go with me, so that made it even more wonderful!  It was a gorgeous day, and we enjoyed seeing all the animals...& hanging out with all my friends from my class.

Me with a tiger in the background.
Stephanie, Ines, and me with the tiger.
Brecken and the monkey
Mommy & me...and some sleeping lions!
Me with over half my class :)
Me, Stephanie, Ines, Sean, and Liam
My very best friend and me...with some flamingoes!
We all giggled at this penguin...it looked like he was trying to climb that mountain, though it was simply just a picture of a mountain!  He tried and tried and tried while we giggled!
This bird was so beautiful...so many colors!
Ines, Bella, Stephanie, me, & Hannah hanging out with the flamingoes.  These are all the girls in our class!
The girls with some dirty, but amazing elephants!!
Brecken with the elephants...
...& Emmersyn!
One of the coolest parts of this zoo is being able to feed the giraffes!  For $2, you would get a huge handful of lettuce that the giraffes loved to eat.  They literally walked right up to the "bridge" that we were standing on, and we got to feed the giraffes...their tongues were so long.  It was so fun!
I LOVED it...
...it was so awesome to feed him so close up!
The giraffe & me
Becken also fed the giraffe, but I gladly helped him.  This picture was supposed to be of Brecken with the giraffe, but I am laughing with excitement in the background!
Check out that tongue!!!
(Such an amazing animal...one of my faves!)
We also enjoyed the "farm animals" section...feeding goats and such.  We just loved being able to get as close to the animals as possible.  So fun!
Becken also loved this part...he fed them one at a time...so cute!
More animal fun...
...& more animal feedings!
All the 3rd grade girls having lots of fun together!
Our last stop was feeding the birds.  Mommy couldn't go in there with Emmersyn and the stroller, so my teacher, Mrs. Danner, took Brecken and me...and Mommy's camera.  She snapped some great shots of us feeding the birds while Mommy & Emmersyn watched us!

We both loved it!
So much fun!
Mrs. Danner's 3rd grade class...& the 2nd Grade class!
(They only have 4 students!)
Mrs. Danner & me...& my stuffed giraffe
What a wonderful day & a wonderful trip!  We had such a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment