Wednesday, August 26, 2015

the first day of school

My, how fast summer went by!  It was filled with lots of laughter, good times, & memories.  But, the school year is now upon us, and we are back to early mornings, packed lunches, homework, & earlier bedtimes.  Brady & I are both excited to get back to school to see our friends and meet our new teachers, but, we also enjoy the summer break.  But, we were ready.

Daddy & me before I left for school
(Brady wasn't quite awake to take his picture before Daddy left for work...oops!)
I am excited for school.  I love school.  And, while this year may prove to be a more difficult year for me (since I'm moving up to dictionaries, red pens, lots of binder, a locker, and even switching classes), I am ready!
All set to go with my backpack (from last year) and my new lunchbox!
4th grade...here I come!
Brady also likes school, usually.  He is just a little more hesitant than I am.  He enjoys playing with his friends and learning about math.  He got get a new backpack and lunchbox this year, and he was excited to choose them.
All ready for school!
2nd grade...here he comes!
Ready for another great school year!
(And, it's hard to believe we will have another sibling in this picture next year when Brecken starts kindergarten!!)
Excited to be in his classroom!
And, while he told Mommy he wouldn't give her a hug and a kiss in front of his friends, but he would rather just do it at home before leaving, he ended up giving Mommy a big hug and kiss...right in his classroom.  Melted Mommy's heart!
Trying to figure out my new locker!
Happy to be in my classroom!
I, of course, will plan to hug Mommy in public for forever!  She loves that!
Excited for another school year.  We are thankful to be able to attend Lake Norman Christian, where the emphasis is not only a great education, but on our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment