Thursday, February 1, 2018

welcome murphy

I (Averie) have been asking and asking and asking for a pet of my own for a few years.  I figured I    would just have to keep asking...until my big surprise.

My brothers were spending the day with Nana, so Daddy & Mommy said that they would take us girls on a little road trip.  I asked where we were going, but they would just say, "You'll see" or "Don't worry about it."  We drove almost 3 hours and started to pull into a house.  I said, "Where are we," and Mommy said, "We just want you to meet someone."  I said, "ok"...totally unsure of who we were meeting and why.  We walked in and met this really nice lady.  She had an adorable little black puppy with her.  I asked if I could pick up and hold her puppy.  She smiled and said, "sure."  After a few minutes of small talk, Daddy looked at me and said, "How would you like to take this little guy home with us"?  I squealed and immediately said, "YES!!!!"  Then, Daddy & Mommy said, "Merry Christmas, sweet girl," and told me that this adorable little puppy was mine to keep.  I was ecstatic...and SOOOO surprised.  The best Christmas gift ever!

This picture was taken right outside the lady's home...still have the big smile on my face!!! 
We made a pit stop on the way home to let the new pup go potty and such.  The whole way home we were trying to decide names and snuggle this little guy.  

Isn't he adorable???
My new pup & me
I was so excited to introduce him to our family.  I decided to name his Roscoe (the name he was given by the breeders that I loved), but after 24 hours of not saying it right and not remembering it, I decided to change it to Murphy.

Murphy & me
  
He's so sweet, and so soft, and so small...& so cute!
I just love him (even though puppies are whole lot more work than I thought!)
Brady meeting Murphy.

Brecken & Murphy
Emmersyn & Murphy...she wasn't quite sure of his desire to always want to kiss her and nip at her at first, but she just loves him...always wanting to pick him up.
She started laughing right after that kiss...so cute!
Welcome to our home, Murphy!  I  (we) am so excited to have you...and Hutch loves you already!  What a great surprise...what a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment