Friday, April 22, 2016

disney day 1 ~ magic kingdom

Daddy & Mommy started a tradition (that they "borrowed" from Uncle Art & Aunt Kelly) to take each child one on one to Disneyworld for a long weekend right before the child started kindergarten. Since I'm (Brecken) am starting kindergarten in the fall (Oh, don't remind Mommy...it might make her cry!), I got to go to Disney with Daddy & Mommy this past February.  We had such a wonderful time, laughed a lot, walked a lot, ate a lot, took lots of pictures, and made lots of fun memories!  Enjoy the "quick" snapshot of each day on our trip!

My first flight...& I was nervously excited.  I looked out the window most of flight...or watched the screen on the seat back in front of me!
We arrived late on Tuesday evening so we could get a full day in on Wednesday.  After the flight, we headed to the hotel to check in and head to bed.  I couldn't seem to wait until we got to the room.  I feel asleep on the table within seconds of sitting down.  It was hilarious to Daddy & Mommy!
When we got to our room, I finally woke up enough to see the Mickey shaped towel, brush my teeth, change into pjs, and go right back to bed.  I was exhausted, but so excited to start our trip!
I am up and ready to start our Official Day 1.  We started with breakfast at Chef Mickey's (one of Daddy's favorite places to eat).  While we feasted up a buffet of fruit, donuts, cereal, eggs, and Mickey shaped waffles, we got to meet lots of characters.  It was super fun!
First, I met Mickey...
...& loved it!
Next up...Minnie Mouse!

Then, Goofy!
Everybody loves Goofy!
Next, Donald...
...& then, Pluto!
Mommy & me with Pluto!
(I loved watching them autograph my book...plus, meeting them was awesome and the food was delicious!)
Then, we headed to Magic Kingdom.  This is always a super fun, super busy kingdom.  However, on this day, it happened to be drizzling most of the morning, so it ended up not being very busy at all!  It was a wonderful surprise for us!  We loved it!  Daddy & Mommy weren't sure how daring I would be on the rides, but they asked if I wanted to ride Space Mountain.  (Since I'm a taller 5 year old, I was able to ride almost everything, and I was excited to actually ride almost anything!)  I was hesitant as I got on the ride, screamed the whole ride, and then got off the ride asking over and over to ride it again.  Since the lines were shorter, we got to ride it several times in 20 minutes.  Awesome!
I did it...Space Mountain!
Waiting in line to ride Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs!  A fun ride, but not as exciting as Space Mountain...and the line was definitely longer!
I love riding on Daddy's shoulders!
Daddy & Mommy told me that we just had to ride It's a Small World.  They say there's something nostalgic (& slightly annoying) about this ride, and that everyone has to ride it at least.  So, here we are!
Cinderella's castle...& some seriously dark clouds!  Thankfully, the only rain we had was a slight mist off and on!
That afternoon, I got to change into a pirate.  What a fun experience!  Here I am...picking my pirate name!
All ready to go.
Here is the before...
...during...

...and after!  
I'm officially a pirate for the day!
Being a pirate means lots of sword fighting!
Daddy & Mommy joined in on the fun with me...we were a pirate family!
Pirate's Voyage
Daddy & me

Mommy & me
(You can't tell, but they did paint Mommy's face, too!)
Pirate Brecken

After riding lots of rides and enjoying a yummy dinner, we stayed for the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom!  It was pretty awesome!
Cinderella's castle changed to many other things, including Wreck It Ralph...so cool!
And, the fireworks...amazing!

What a magical day!  We sure enjoyed our day at Magic Kingdom, and I crashed back at our hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment