Thursday, May 4, 2017

vw christmas

We celebrated Christmas with Mommy's side of the family early this year due to the many schedules of younger and older grandkids, travel plans for several families, etc.  So, we celebrated Thanksgiving weekend.  It made for a busy week with Thanksgiving, Christmas celebration, and then a VW girls trip to NYC.  But, we had a lot of fun and always look forward to celebrating Christmas together.

Oma with her grandchildren
(The oldest is Eric, 24 years old, and the youngest in this picture is me (Emmersyn) at 2 years old.)

Just the Karaffa Kids

I was so excited to see Madison and me dressed alike.
We start the evening with playing, talking, and eating lots of yummy food.  Then, the uncles/aunts give gifts to the niece/nephew whose name they drew.  It starts youngest to oldest, so I got to go first. This is my last year going first since Uncle Thomas & Aunt Lindsey will have their baby next Christmas.  Uncle Todd & Aunt Helen drew my name, so I was ready to open my gifts.
I love Minnie Mouse!!
And, I love my rocking chair for ready books and rocking my American Girl baby.
Brecken's turn, and Uncle Todd & Aunt Helen actually drew his name, too.
Star Wars and Lego...2 of Brecken's favorite things!
Aunt Helen & Brecken...He was so excited about all his gifts!
(This is after the uncle/aunt gift exchange...)  
Brecken is opening up his gifts from Oma...

...& was super excited about another Lego from Oma!
Brady's turn, and Uncle Michael & Aunt Courtney had his name.  Boy, was he excited about getting all the Big League Chew...or as he calls it, the "pack of gum with the famous baseball player on it." :) :)
Excited about his gifts!
As you can tell, he was very excited about his Lego Star Wars gift!!
Aunt Courtney & Brady
Uncle Michael & Brady
(Fast forward to opening his gifts from Oma...)
Brady was sooooo shocked to get this big Yoda from Oma...

...& he loved it!
Averie's turn, and Uncle Art & Aunt Kelly drew her name.  She loved all her presents from them, too, especially the Lego roller coaster!!
Uncle Art, Aunt Kelly, & Averie
Of course, like every year, Averie always wants a picture with Uncle Abe, and she is always sitting on his lap!
After we exchange those gifts, we clean up, eat, and play some more.  Then, Oma gives us her gifts. 

Oma & me...& my Minnie book that I love!
Oma & Brecken with his football that he was excited about!
Oma & Brady with his football game that he really enjoys!
Oma & Averie after opening all her awesome goodies from Oma.
After that, the kids go play and the grownups give their gifts to Oma, and Oma gives her gifts to them.  It's a really fun night together as family!  An early Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment