Sunday, April 19, 2020

happy 13th birthday, averie

Happy 13th Birthday to our Averie Grace.  Hard to believe we have a teenager in the house.  Time is flying by.  We love your strong willed (usually), compassionate, helpful, forgiving heart.  You can be a wonderful sister & friend, and we so thankful that God chose us to be your parents.  We love you very much!!  Love, Daddy & Mommy :)

Yes, it's my 13th Birthday.  I feel like I have waited a while for this day.  And, we had fun celebrating.  I  got to do so many fun things.  First...the night before my birthday, I got to go out really special...The Melting Pot...with my whole family to celebrate.  It was so yummy and so fun!
Oma & Me
Poppy, Nana, & me
Uncle Todd, Aunt Helen, & me 
(They had my name this year, so of course, I  had to take my picture with them...)
Me with my best friend & cousin, Stephanie
Look at my cousin, Little T.  Isn't he a doll baby?
Happy 13th to me :)

The next morning, my actual birthday (November 16), Mom was taking us all to school.  As I was getting ready to get out of the car, she said, "You just stay in the car for a minute..."  I wasn't sure what was going on, but I  stayed in the car.  When we drove out of carline for and got to the stoplight, I asked her what we were doing.  She looks over at me and says, "Surprise...for your 13th birthday, we are going to skip school and have a girl's day...a make-up session, mani/pedi's, lunch, & then shopping at American Eagle for a birthday outfit.  Then, we'd pick up the boys from school.  (Oma kept Emmersyn so we could be just us.)  I    was soooo excited.  Sounded like a perfect way to spend my birthday.

First stop...Mary Kay make-up session.  I  got to pick out my colors, try on all sorts of make-up (outside of play make/dress up, this was really my first time experimenting...so fun!!!), and then Mom gave me a budget to pick out what I wanted to have (within boundaries, of course...haha!) for my starter set of make-up.  It was so cool!

Mom said I did a great job keeping a natural look.  I had a blast putting it all on...
Enjoying a manicure, too.  Getting pampered and spoiled for sure!
Then, that night, I got to celebrate again with just my immediate family...we enjoyed a super yummy dinner at Big Fire (Kobe's), cake, & presents.

Me & my siblings
The Beautiful Birthday Girl...the official teenager!!
Of course, we got to do presents before we left for dinner.  I loved that surprise!

Brady & me
Brecken & me
Emmersyn & me
Dad, Mom, & me...their first teenager!

I don't always act like it, but I do really love my Mom...& we really had such a fun day together.
...& of course, I am a Daddy's girl. :)
(My birthday hat courtesy of the staff at Kobe's.)
I had a wonderful birthday celebration.  Sure is fun turning 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment